Applies to: REV, REV X-LOOPS, SIGNAL, EXHALE, SUBSTANCE, ANALOG STRINGS, ANALOG BRASS & WINDS
To improve the CPU usage of your instruments, please try the following:
- Increase your buffer size to at least 512 samples.
- Minimize the release time of volume envelopes wherever possible (also play with the volume attack time).
- Minimize the use of time-based effects on the global and layer levels.
- Reduce the max number of voices used or try putting your layers in monophonic mode.
- Minimize the Instrument GUI within Kontakt when not in use, then close the Kontakt GUI.
- If you hear clicking while using a mouse to control the macros, try assigning a physical MIDI knob or fader to the macro by right-clicking the macro and clicking "Learn MIDI CC# Automation." Then move the knob/fader that you wish to control. If you don't have one, try smoothing out the automation in your DAW.
We also recommend running your DAW in 64-bit, and please try running a 'Batch re-save' in Kontakt, as we've found it really helps reduce the load time, as well as solve any sample pathway issues. Here's how it's done: