This article demonstrates troubleshooting steps if you're experiencing crashes while using Arcade.
First, a firewall may block your DAW's access to the internet. If you're using a firewall, please enable access to the internet for both Arcade and your DAW.
If this does not resolve the issue, please send us your Arcade Log File. For macOS users, crash reports are also helpful for troubleshooting.
Retrieving your Arcade Log File
The log.txt file is located in the following directory:
- macOS: Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Output > Arcade > log.txt
- Windows: C:/ProgramData/Output/Arcade
- To learn how to access Hidden Folders in Windows, click here.
Please attach log.txt to your email when contacting Output Support.
macOS Crash Reports
Crash reports are accessible in the Console app, which can be accessed by using Spotlight:
- Open Spotlight
- CMD + Space
- Type Console.app
- Open the app
- Navigate to "User Reports" on the side nav
- Locate the ".crash" file that begins with the name of your DAW
- For example, "Logic Pro X_2021_10_10.crash"
Crash files are labelled by date and time, with the most recent appearing on the bottom of the list. Here's a screen shot of what Console > User Reports looks like when you find the crash report:
Please send us the crash report, log file, and a detailed explanation of the crash scenario. With this information, our team will be happy to help.