Each purchase of THERMAL comes with a serial code that will allow the plug-in to be activated on four computers simultaneously. If you wish to activate THERMAL on a fifth computer, you can either purchase the plug-in again for four additional activations or run an uninstaller on one of your computers to free up an activation.
If you need to Uninstall THERMAL from a machine, please follow the steps below:
Before uninstalling THERMAL, now is the time to back-up your user presets. THERMAL's user presets are saved as XML files in the following directories:
- Mac: /MacHD/Library/Application Support/Output/Thermal/Presets/USER
- PC: (C:) \ProgramData\Output\Thermal\Presets\USER
You can back up your user presets by making a copy of the THERMAL user preset file and dragging it to your Desktop, then dragging it back to the above location after the reinstallation.
After this, we'll have to delete these files your system drive:
- MacHD/Library/Application Support/Output/Thermal
- HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins/Thermal
- (C:) \ProgramData\Output\Thermal
- C:\Program Files\Vstplugins\Thermal
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Thermal
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins\Thermal
Once the Thermal folder and plugin files have been deleted, you've uninstalled Thermal. If you'd like to reinstall, please download the Package installer from the Output Hub or get the download link from your Output account under the "Downloads" tab. After installing, you can replace the USER presets back to the above location.