Applies to: Thermal, Portal, and Movement
This article details the process for downloading and activating your Output FX Engines.
How Do I Install FX?
To install your FX Engine please begin by downloading and logging into the Output Hub.
Once logged in, click "Download" on the right side of the corresponding FX tab. The installer will automatically open to begin the installation.
- Alternatively, you can log in to your Output account, navigate to Downloads, and use the download link under the FX Engines section.
IMPORTANT: When prompted, make sure to install your FX in the default location on your system drive, and not another drive that holds your samples
How Do I Activate FX?
- Once installed, copy your serial code from the Output Hub. You will see "Serial Codes" next to the FX name, above "Installed". Click it to reveal the code.
You can also find it on the Downloads page mentioned above.
- Next, open your DAW and select Thermal, Portal, or Movement from your Audio FX Plug-in menu. This will open the plug-in window. When prompted, you can enter your serial code into the field, and click "Activate".
IMPORTANT: Please ensure there are NO SPACES before and after your serial code
- If you do not see the FX Engine appear in your plug-ins list for AU or VST/VST2/VST3, please restart your computer and re-open your DAW. If you still don't see it, try re-scanning your plug-ins.
- If you are unable to activate your FX, please try activating it using a different DAW. Once you are able to activate it, you should be able to use it on any DAW on that device.
To activate your FX offline, click “Activate Offline” and follow the onscreen instructions.
How to update FX
New updates to our FX (Thermal, Portal and Movement) are out! A few notable changes include:
- Native compatibility with Apple Silicon processors and with work with M1, M2 and beyond
- macOS 13 Ventura and Windows 11 compatibility
- Additional bug and crash fixes with stability improvements
- Under-the-hood tech upgrades to future proof your sessions
There are 2 ways to update your FX. Please read the instructions below.
- Manual Installation
- Go to output.com/account/downloads
- Download the FX listed in your account
- Run the installer and restart your computer
- You will now have the latest version of Thermal, Portal and or Movement
- Output Hub
- Open Arcade Hub
- Click on circular double arrow near the left to refresh the Hub with the latest builds (video example below)
- Scroll down to your corresponding FX and notice it will say "Update Available"
- Click download the installer will run
- Once it's complete, restart your computer
If you need more help, please do not hesitate to reach out to the Support Team.