Applies to: Thermal, Portal, and Movement
This article will guide you through the process of downloading and activating your Output FX Engines. Whether you have a subscription to the Output Pro plan or a perpetual license (serial code), we have you covered.
Output Pro Plan Instructions
If you have a perpetual license for an Output FX and you are also subscribed to the Output Pro plan, please follow the instructions for installing the Perpetual License for the specific product that you have a serial code for.
Installing your FX
- Log in to the Output account and navigate to the Downloads section of the account page
- Under the FX category, click on the download link that corresponds to your operating system.
- Run the installer and install your FX in the default location on your system drive
Activating your FX
- Once installed, open your DAW and select Thermal, Portal, or Movement from your Audio FX Plug-in menu. This will open the plug-in window.
- Enter your Output account details when prompted and click "Log In" to activate your product.
- This activation is only valid while you have an active subscription to the Output Pro plan. If you cancel your subscription or switch to a different tier, you will be logged out until you sign up again for the Pro plan.
- If you do not see the FX appear in your plug-ins list for AU or VST/VST2/VST3, please restart your computer and re-open your DAW.
- If you still don't see them, try re-scanning your plug-ins.
Perpetual License Instructions
If you have obtained a serial code for your FX, please follow the steps below.
If you were previously subscribed to the Output Pro Plan and acquired your license after installing the subscription version of the FX, please first follow the steps for How To Uninstall THERMAL, How To Uninstall Portal, and/or How To Uninstall MOVEMENT, before proceeding with the steps below.
Installing your FX
To install your FX Engine please begin by downloading and logging into the Output Hub.
Once logged in, click "Download" on the right side of the corresponding FX tab. The installer will automatically open to begin the installation.
- Alternative: If you are not on an Output Pro plan, you can log in to your Output account, navigate to Downloads, and use the download link under the FX section.
- Run the installer, and when prompted, install your FX in the default location on your system drive, and not another drive.
Activating your FX
- Once installed, copy your serial code from the Output Hub. You will see "Serial Codes" next to the FX name, above "Installed". Click it to reveal the code.
- Alternative: You can also find it on the Downloads page mentioned above.
- Next, open your DAW and select Thermal, Portal, or Movement from your Audio FX Plug-in menu. This will open the plug-in window. When prompted, you can enter your serial code into the field, and click "Activate".
- Please ensure there are NO SPACES before and after your serial code
- If you do not see the FX Engine appear in your plug-ins list for AU or VST/VST2/VST3, please restart your computer and re-open your DAW.
- If you still don't see it, try re-scanning your plug-ins.
- If you are unable to activate your FX, please try activating it using a different DAW. Once you are able to activate it, you should be able to use it on any DAW on that device.
To activate your FX offline, click “Activate Offline” and follow the onscreen instructions. For more information, you can refer to THERMAL Offline Activation, PORTAL Offline Activation, MOVEMENT Offline Activation
Updating your FX
New updates to our FX (Thermal, Portal, and Movement) are out! A few notable changes include:
- Native compatibility with Apple Silicon processors and with work with M1, M2, and beyond
- macOS 13 Ventura and Windows 11 compatibility
- Additional bug and crash fixes with stability improvements
- Under-the-hood tech upgrades to future-proof your sessions
There are 2 methods for updating your FX:
- Open the Output Hub
- Click on the circular double arrow near the left to refresh the Hub with the latest builds (see GIF example below)
- Scroll down to your corresponding FX and notice it will say "Update Available"
- Click download and the installer will run
- Once it's complete, restart your computer
- Go to https://account.output.com
- Download the FX listed in your account
- Run the installer and restart your computer
- Repeat this for each FX and you will have the latest version of Thermal, Portal, and or Movement
- If you have a license for an FX and are simultaneously subscribed to the Output Pro plan, please update the product(s) you have a serial code for using the Output Hub method.
If you need more help, please do not hesitate to reach out to the Support Team.