Applies to: REV, REV X-LOOPS, SIGNAL, EXHALE, SUBSTANCE, ANALOG STRINGS, ANALOG BRASS & WINDS
This article details the process for downloading and activating your Output Instruments using Output Hub.
- Download and Installation are handled by Output Hub.
- Hub will download, unpack, and organize all of your instruments files in the location of your choice.
- Activation is handled by Native Access.
- You will use your serial code for activation.
Downloading Your Instrument
- Open Output Hub and log in to your Output account.
- Select Download in the corresponding product tab
- Select the download location
- If using external storage, we recommend downloading to your desktop and then transferring the library folder to your drive after the download is complete.
- See this article for more on using external storage.
Setting up Native Access and Kontakt
- Open Native Access
- Sign into your Native Instruments Account
- This is not the same as your Output account.
- Don't have an account yet? Create one here.
- Select the Not Installed section
- Download Kontakt 6 Player
- This is the host software that our instruments run inside
Activating your Instrument
- In the top left-hand corner, click Add a serial
- Paste your instrument's serial code
- Your serial can be found on the downloads page of your Output account
- Click ADD SERIAL
Final Installation Steps
Now that your instrument has been activated, the next step is to set the file path within Native Access. This is important for ensuring Native Access recognizes the product is installed.
- Click VIEW PRODUCTS NOT INSTALLED in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Do not click, but hover, over the Install button
- Click the Magnifying Glass icon that appears
- Select Browse
- Locate the instrument folder you downloaded from Output Hub
- Select Install
- Afterwards, your product should display 'Installed' with a green check mark
- It will also appear in the Installed Products tab
At this point, your product is fully installed.
If you have also purchased expansion packs for your engines, you can now install them the Output Hub now that your file path is set correctly for Native Access and the Hub.
Optimizing your instrument's performance
We recommend performing a Batch Re-Save to improve your instrument's loading times.
If you are experiencing issues with Output Hub, you have the option to download, install, and activate your instruments using Native Access alone. This article details that process.